What should I write for my first short story? That’s a question that I have literally been asking myself since I left class on Wednesday night. Longer pieces allow the writer to digress while of course connecting the digression to the focus. I am literally stuck because each word in a shorter piece has to contribute to the overall meaning of the work. The succinctness is a little intimidating for someone so wordy. After viewing the different examples of short essay pieces and the multimedia links, I felt more comfortable with the segmented piece titled Soundtrack. I enjoyed Mike Steinberg's blog, but I didn't feel completely comfortable with going that route. So, I decided that I would go with a segmented piece. After that, I decided on a focus. I was unsure if I wanted to create the piece by dates or an age cluster. I decided to go with an age cluster. My short essay begins around the time I'm seven. At the closing of my piece, I am 15. Not intentionally, but I'm glad it happened my short story heightens in intensity.
First, I decided to give each segment a title.
Then, I created scenes that formed mental images:
Train tracks
Bridges
Liquor
Dreams
A bag of clothes
After I did this, I was able to create my segmented portions.
First, I decided to give each segment a title.
Then, I created scenes that formed mental images:
Train tracks
Bridges
Liquor
Dreams
A bag of clothes
After I did this, I was able to create my segmented portions.
No comments:
Post a Comment