Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Blog 11 Brainstorming for short essay 2

For my second short essay, I'm unsure how I would do it, but I would like to compile a piece about my mother.  Upon adulthood, I've learned things about my mother from different sources such as one of very few friends and naturally, my family.  I think doing a picture collage with texts to tell the story would be a good concept.  I could also make a second attempt at a segmented essay something similar to The Soundtrack.  If I were to take that route, I'm unsure if I would do it chronologically or in varying degrees of intensity.  As I've stated earlier, most of my story would be compiled from stories that others have shared with me about my mom.  For example, last summer I met one of the few friends that my mother has ever had.  She shared stories with me about my mother, her, and another young lady dating.  Dating?  My mother?  Those concepts completely don't mix.  Obviously, my mother has dated hence, me, but you'd have to know my mother to understand the shock.
"I would spend the night on Madison Avenue with your mom at your grandmother's house all the time," exclaimed Ms. Joyce with teenage delight in her middle age eyes.

I was also thinking about creating a short essay on my first adult only vacation, but I'm unsure how interesting that would be.  I went to Las Vegas, but I did more sight seeing than anything else.  I visited the infamous Bellagio water show and buffet, Caesars Palace, saw Criss Angels at MGM, an Australian Motown group at Flamingos, and went shopping in Old Vegas, but how can I turn this into a story that anyone would want to read?

So, I have some ideas rumbling around in my head, but I'm unsure exactly what I want to do.  If I choose to write a second short essay (Besides the fact that I put a substantial amount of effort into my first short essay, I really like that one), it will be an upbeat one.  You won't need any tissue.  I promise.  


No comments:

Post a Comment